Thursday, January 31, 2008

Dewey's Couch, much smaller format

Guess what: there is a trade-off in video between SIZE and QUALITY! This is the same video as in my previous post, but converted to a 320 x 240 (standard web video) format. You can see that it plays much more smoothly (and fits in the space on this blog). The file size is 1/10th of what it was before. Great!

Except that now, you cannot read the text on the screen, making it much less valuable as a tool for training people how to manipulate the Edit panel in Second Life.
Video thumbnail. Click to play
Click to Play

I think I need to go back to the drawing board. Probably, I will need to use the SL native video recorder (which will save in Quicktime "mov" format, I believe). The only thing is, how to record the audio? Maybe I need to be speaking (using SL voice) while filming?

Back soon with a report!

No comments: